The Catseye Guarantee—#1 Cockroach Control and Extermination
At Catseye our mission is to protect your home and family from pests by combining fast cockroach pest control programs with award-winning customer service. We work to achieve this through:
- A comprehensive inspection of your home which we will perform for free!
- Based on our findings we will create a customized cockroach removal program specific to your needs.
- All of our services will be executed using Integrated Pest Management practices
- Flexible scheduling and emergency visits are offered
- Receive your own secure online account
- Installing our signature Service Scan System to timestamp when and where our pest management technicians were in your home
We will help you get rid of roaches as quickly and painlessly as possible. Learn more about the cost and pricing for a cockroach treatment here.
How to Prepare for Your Cockroach Extermination Service
Cockroach elimination is a combined effort between you and your pest control professional. Getting rid of cockroaches long term requires immediate treatment and ongoing preventive processes and monitoring. We will work with you to develop a plan and schedule follow up visits to ensure lasting success. Here are a few important ways you can prepare your home for Catseye’s Cockroach Removal Program:
- Perform a thorough cleaning of the home eliminating all garbage. This should include underneath and behind large appliances like refrigerators.
- Cover and store any food items including pet food in air tight containers
- Store small appliances and containers that are out on counter tops.
- Remove all bed linens and curtains throughout your home. Machine wash at the hottest setting and replace after the treatment has been done
- Scrub and vacuum all floors and carpets
- Eliminate all unnecessary paper products, including newspapers and cardboard boxes.
- Vacuum floors paying particular attention to the area where the floor and wall meet. Thoroughly clean the vacuum after use.
Always inform our cockroach removal professionals of any allergies or other health conditions prior to the treatment program.
Dangers & Damage
Cockroaches may have been around for over 300 million years, but no one wants these pests in their home. While cockroach bites are very uncommon if an infestation is severe enough they may attempt to nibble small particles of food off of humans and animals. They do however tend to carry germs and even disease and can contaminate your house. If an infestation occurs, getting rid of cockroaches should be a high priority.
Signs of Cockroaches in Your Home
Cockroaches tend to prefer warm, humid environments. They are a frequent problem in tropical and subtropical areas places like Florida where they are also known as “palmetto bugs”. However brown banded and German cockroaches are also highly common and are found in homes and apartments all throughout the US.
Cockroaches are scavengers that will consume almost anything but they prefer meat, grease, starches and sweets. Cockroaches can also eat dead skin flakes and glue from book bindings.
Depending on the species, female cockroaches can produce anywhere from 4 to 60 eggs. As a nocturnal insect, cockroaches spend daylight hours in dark sheltered cracks and crevices behind or inside the dark areas of appliances like refrigerators and dishwashers, under cabinets or inside walls, boiler rooms and basements. The darker and tinier the space, the better in a cockroach’s perspective.
If more than two are spotted during the day this is a sign of a severe cockroach infestation. There may also be evidence of cockroach droppings that have a similar appearance to dirt, pepper or coffee grounds. A musty or oily smell in your home can happen when there’s a large infestation of cockroaches. You may also find evidence of egg pouches or dead roaches within your home. Any of these signs are good reasons to schedule a free cockroach inspection from a pest control professional.
Cockroach Infestation Varieties
There are many different types of cockroaches and the particular variety in your home often depends on your location and climate. Here are some of the types of cockroaches we remove and prevent.
- Brownbanded Cockroaches
- Cuban Cockroach
- Florida Stinkroach
- German Cockroach
- Japanese Cockroach
- Oriental Cockroach
- Palmetto Bug
- Surinam Cockroach