If you live in a place where there are lots of mosquitoes or if there is lots of breeding ground for mosquitoes you definitely need to know ways to keep mosquitoes away. Mosquitoes not only cause unbearable inconvenience by stinging constantly, they can also cause fatal ailments like malaria and dengue. In fact mosquitoes are classified as the deadliest creatures on the planet because millions die of malaria all over the world every year. You should make an effort to keep mosquitoes away from you as well as your loved ones
- Here are the top eight ways to keep mosquitoes away this summer:
- Empty any standing water that has collected on your property
- Make sure cisterns, cesspools, septic tanks, fire barrels, rain barrels and trash containers are covered tightly with a lid or with 16-mesh screen.
- Empty plastic wading pools at least once a week and store indoors when not in use.
- Change the water in bird baths and plant pots or drip trays at least once each week.
- Empty your pet’s water bowl daily.
- Level the ground around your home so water can run off and not collect in low spots. Fill in holes or depressions near your home that accumulate water.
- Fill in tree rot holes and hollow stumps that hold water.
- Keep weeds and tall grass cut short.