During the summer season, we remember to be concerned about ticks in our yard and bees buzzing around our house, but do we remember about the furrier creatures looking to invade our homes?
Rodent infestations are just as important to prevent, as they can cause serious damage to your home. Catseye Pest Control wants to offer you a few helpful tips on how to seal up your house and crack down on rodent infestations.
1. Make sure to inspect your home several times throughout the year. You need to look for small openings that mice, squirrels and other small animals can use to enter and exit your house. If you find such an opening, replace the damaged wood or cover the hole with 1/4-inch wire mesh hardware cloth. If the hole is very tiny, pushing steel wool into the opening will prevent intrusions.
2. Make sure all of your windows and doors have screens installed. Summer breezes flowing through the house are wonderful, but without proper protection, you'll have more than cool air entering your home.
3. Use a chimney cap to keep out any unwanted animals, from squirrels to birds. This is a year-round preventative measure, and it will keep your chimney protected from water damage as well.
4. Trim back tree branches so they are at least 10 to 15 feet away from your home. The trimming of these branches each spring and fall will keep squirrels away, as they use branches as a convenient access route to your home.
5. Make sure to get rid of critters who have already made themselves at home, and call the experts if you need assistance. Catseye's CatGuard service helps protect against rodents by using premium materials to seal up your home for a safe, effective pest management, as well as providing trapping and monthly monitoring
With that, we hope you have a happy start to your summer, and a rodent-free household to spend it in!