At Catseye, we’ve learned a lot about wildlife, especially raccoons. These smart, and sometimes rascally creatures, are known for the mask-like markings on their faces and their big appetites. Raccoons will eat anything from insects and fruit, to garbage and pet food. We wanted to celebrate these fascinating animals by making this fun paper bag raccoon craft that can be used as a puppet.
How To Make A Paper Bag Raccoon Craft For Kids
Supplies You Will Need:
- Paper Bag
- Black and White Construction Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Use the width of the paper bag as a guide to cut two black triangles for ears and two smaller triangles for the inside of the ears.
- Cut a small black circle, about the size of a quarter, for the nose.
- Cut a black 8-shaped mask for the raccoon about the width of the paper bag.
- Outline and cut a large white triangle for the face, again about the width of the paper bag.
- Cut a large black rectangle for the belly.
- Draw and cut out a tear-drop shaped white tail.
- Cut out three narrow black rectangles for the tail stripes.
- Assemble and glue your raccoon. Don’t forget the googly eyes! Watch the video at the end of this post to see how we made our raccoon.
We hope you have fun making this craft with the kids!
Watch the video to see how we made the paper bag raccoon.